Friday, November 16, 2012

October Photos

Highlights in October were several trips to different camps around the country.  I had a few days up in Mazar e Sherif, in the north, and short trips to various places in the east.  All in all, things are going well.  As of this writing, we are now officially at the 6 month mark, and on the downward slide toward coming home.  That day, of course, can't come soon enough.  But, in the meantime, I continue to enjoy my job, and try to shoot when I can.

I'm saving my money for a camera upgrade when I get home.  The typical post-deployment purchase is a Harley-Davidson (mid-life crisis anyone?), but for me, it's going to be either a Canon 7D or 6D.  Still trying to decide...either one is cheaper, and safer than a Harley, considering that, of my two experiences on motorized two-wheeled velocipedes, fully fifty percent ended up with me riding into a woodpile.  When I hesitantly mentioned it to Melody, she didn't react with the "Do you really think you need another camera on top of the, what is it...six?  Seven? That you already have?"  No.  Instead, she said, "Can I have your old one?"  Hmmm...let's think about that...

Anyhow, on to a recap of October.

Night in MeS

Sunrise over the NATO Monument, MeS


Landing


Waiting



Feeding

Kabul

Scrubbed Up

Hole

Happy

Walking I


Walking II

Hillside Village
 
Walking III


Aerial

Hunkering

Broken down

Mountains

Moi et mon Colonel

Kabul

NATOcity


Drapeau Afghaun

Pasha

Coots Loot




No comments: