Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Upcoming Travels

I'll be out for the next few weeks on various business trips. First, down to Okinawa on an orientation trip and series of office calls with my new "sort of" boss. I say sort of, because she's the Surgeon on paper, and I'm "sort of" part of the the Surgeon's office. But, she primarily is the commander of the clinic down the street. Ironically enough, she and I served together in Egypt back in 1994, along with the social worker on our camp. It's been fun catching up on old times and who's doing what where. She married an Australian officer stationed there as well, and it's been fun getting to know him as well. I bought him a couple of six packs of Victoria Bitter (a particular type of beer that was served in Egypt) which he couldn't get back in Georgia (USA).

After Okinawa, I'll be headed to Hawaii for a conference there. I'll be stuck in Honolulu for 10 days but, it's all in the name of freedom. And, as someone once said, "We're all making sacrifices." Of course that guy said that when denying someone the opportunity to take a trip home...Hawaii will be mostly work, but I do have a few friends that I'm looking forward to seeing after a long time. My old neighbors, Cary and Stacey, from Louisiana, and Ginger and Mike, friends of ours from DC. Last year, I had a chance to do a little bit of sightseeing, and took a couple of nature tours and spent a day walking up to the Diamond Head crater. Probably one of the best business trips I've every been on...

Last time I was there, the connectivity was rather spotty, but I'll try to do some blogging as well while there. We'll see...

No comments: